I hope you’re sitting down for this one because today I’m going to pull back the curtain and share with you something huge. In fact, I believe that this is the biggest secret to attaining that perfectly fit body that you’ve been after for so many years.
If you’re like most fitness enthusiasts then your perfect body has eluded you for quite some time. It’s not that you aren’t trying to workout and eat right, it’s just that you haven’t been able to find that one thing to take you all the way to success.
Now, my friend, you’re about to find out what that one thing is, and your fitness results will never be lacking again. It’s quite simple, and yet stands as the truest and most important fitness advice you’ll ever receive…
The big secret is that…Your daily habits create your body.
What do I mean by daily habits? The things that you consistently do on a daily basis determine your body’s shape, strength and stamina.
That’s it. Nothing else matters as much as those daily habits.
The problem is that most of us have bursts of fitness motivation, when we eat clean and workout hard for a short time…but then the motivation wears off and we go back to our daily habits. That familiar routine that gives us comfort and security.
Your only focus, when it comes to shaping up your body, should be to make and keep a handful of healthy, daily habits. When these healthy habits become your comfortable routine, then you’ve hit fitness gold.
This is great news for two reasons:
- First, when you do something habitually it no longer requires a lot of brain power or motivation to get it done. It pretty much happens automatically. So once you’ve settled into your daily habits you’ll easily maintain them.
- Second, once your daily habits have been around long enough to transform your body, you get to give up the struggle of trying to lose weight. That quest, which has taken up so much of your time and mental energy, will be put to rest, leaving you time to go out and enjoy your life. Go crazy, kiddo! Once you’ve achieved that body of your dreams the ride is just begun. Now the fun really begins.
- Daily resistance training workout – same time each day.
- Daily cardio bonus workout (walk, jog, bike etc) – same time each day.
- Daily protein shake to replace breakfast or lunch.
- Daily water drinking – bring your water bottle with you.
- Daily green drink.
- Daily salad at one meal.
- Daily bonus push-ups at home.
Quick note for you overachievers: resist the urge to commit to difficult or extreme daily habits. You aren’t having one of your fitness bursts right now, that fizzle out shortly – these habits are meant for the long run. So instead of saying that you’ll run 6 miles each day, only commit to 2 miles. Do those 2 miles ever day for a few months and you’ll see the value and truly life-changing powers of a daily habit.
DAVID KNAPP NCSF-MCPT,CNS